August 4, 2015
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
August 4, 2015
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Keith Peters called the Regular Trustee Meeting of August 4, 2015 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Keith Peters, Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Paul Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Ryan Scribner from P3 and residents Phyllis Livingston and James Burke were also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Phyllis Livingston and James Burke were present to discuss the problems on West Duvall Road. They stated that Pandora Grain has moved out and left a mess. The road is covered with dirt and the leftover grain is moldy and stinks. The area behind the garage has standing water and is like a swamp with many mosquitos. Mrs. Livingston also asked if the speed limit on Duvall Road could be lowered.
The problem is that the railroad owns this property and the township has no control over the railroad. Joe DeFelice will call the Prosecutor’s office and find out if we can enforce the yard requirements and get them to clean up the area. Mr. Peters will call Pandora Grain and try to get them to clean up the site. Mr. Welsh will call the Pickaway County Board of Health and find out if they can help with the moldy grain problem. Mr. Clark will check on what is required to lower the speed limit on Duvall Road and will also call Strawser and have them clean the road.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE STRAWSER EQUIPMENT TO CLEAN DUVALL ROAD AT THE TOWNSHIP’S EXPENSE. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-53.
- Ryan Scribner presented a letter from Ronald Reynolds, General Manager of American Showa, Inc. requesting the Trustees appoint Ryan Scribner to fill the employee representative vacancy on the NPC JEDD Board.
A RESOLUTION TO APPOINT RYAN SCRIBNER AS THE EMPLOYEE REPRESENTATIVE FOR HARRISON TOWNSHIP ON THE NORTHERN PICKAWAY COUNTY JOINT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT BOARD. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-54.
- Jayme from the Prosecutor’s office was about to begin the zoning violation case against the Martin’s on Bulen-Pierce Road but was informed that the person living over the garage had moved out.
- Mr. Peters asked Kevin to berm Miller Road where there is loose gravel. Mr. Peters will check on having Miller Road striped.
- The locks are broken on the utility box on the 2003 Chevy Roads Truck. Kevin can have all six locks replaced for about $40.00. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the cost of these new locks. The Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion passed.
- Kevin replaced two stop signs that were broken in the township.
- The property at 2802 West Duvall is vacant and has not been mowed at all this year. The clerk mailed a letter regarding noxious weeds to the property owner.
- The alternator on the snow plow is not working. Kevin is looking for a rebuilt alternator.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief presented the attached Chief’s report.
- The Chief is planning to attend the Jackson Township meeting in September to discuss the contract. The Trustees decided to increase the contract annually as we are doing now. The clerk will type up a new contract and bring it to the next meeting for approval and signatures.
- Pickaway County EMA has asked to house their Hazmat decontamination trailer at Harrison Township Fire Department. The Chief is suggesting that we house it in our barn and if it is needed and we have available staff, we would transport it to the scene.
A RESOLUTION TO STORE THE COUNTY HAZMAT DECONTAMINATION TRAILER IN THE BARN AT THE FIRE STATION AND TRANSPORT IT TO THE SCENE IF WE HAVE AVAILABLE STAFF AT THAT TIME. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-55.
- The Chief is recommending James Rinaldi be hired as a full time firefighter.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE JAMES RINALDI AS A FULL TIME FIREFIGHTER AS OF AUGUST 23, 2015 CONTINGENT ON PASSING THE OP&FPF PHYSICAL AND STRESS TEST. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-56.
- Mr. Clark received the information regarding what would be required to make Bulen-Pierce Road a no-passing zone. First we would need to pay for a traffic study, then send the information to ODOT and ODOT would perform their own traffic study at our expense. Because of the expense, the Trustees decided to not proceed with this at the present time.
- The Trustees decided to do the Summer Fill with Ashville Propane at $1.09 per gallon and also to lock in the rates at $1.49 per gallon for the season. Mr. Peters moved, Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes.
- Mr. Welsh received a call from the resident on Hoover Road regarding the water problems they are having and the ditch not draining. Mr. Welsh will call Kevin and ask him to check the ditch tile and also see if the fire department can go out and open it.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
July 21, 2015 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of July 21, 2015 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-57.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the August 4, 2015 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:30pm.