August 5, 2014
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
August 5, 2014
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Paul Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of August 5, 2014 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Trustee Keith Peters arrived at 7:45pm.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- Joe asked if the Trustees had found a new secretary for the Zoning Commission and Appeals Boards. No one has been contacted yet.
- Joe asked if any of the Trustees had contacted the Prosecutor’s office about our zoning violations that they have had for several months. Mr. Clark will contact them.
- Danny Bailey submitted a zoning variance application that was incomplete in June. Joe drew up a sample to show him exactly what was needed to apply for the variance and asked him to pick it up but he never did. Joe has repeated called him and Danny Bailey has not returned his phone calls. Joe asked the Trustees what they wanted him to do with it. The Trustees asked Joe to forward it, as it was submitted, to the Appeals Board.
- Kevin asked about the estimate from OPI Vehicle Modification Center to repair the snow plow.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE QUOTE FROM OPI VEHICLE MODIFICATION CENTER TO REPAIR THE SNOW PLOW FOR $1730.35. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R14-61.
- Kevin said there is a bubble in one of the tires on the International Snow Plow. He had two estimates for two new tires. The Trustees chose to accept the lower bid from RSC.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE QUOTE FROM RSC TIRE FOR TWO NEW TIRES FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SNOW PLOW FOR $982.00. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R14-62.
Kevin has taught Matt Scholl to mow the roadsides and he is willing to mow while Kevin is on vacation. The Trustees approved having Matt Scholl drive the mower to mow the roadsides.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE FIREFIGHTER BEAU RAMEY TO HELP KEVIN WHEN NEEDED BEGINNING AUGUST 6, 2014. HE WILL BE PAID $12.00 PER HOUR FOR CEMETERY WORK AND $15.00 PER HOUR FOR ROAD WORK. ONCE HE ACQUIRES HIS CDL LICENSE HE WILL BE PAID $20.00 PER HOUR FOR DRIVING THE SNOW PLOW. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two votes to approve R14-63.
- The clerk asked if the Trustees wanted to lock in the propane rates with Ashville Propane for the 2014-2015 winter season at the cemetery and the Township Building.
A RESOLUTION TO LOCK IN THE PROPANE RATES WITH ASHVILLE PROPANE FOR THE 2014-2015 WINTER AT $1.89 FOR THE CEMETERY AND THE TOWNSHIP BUILDING. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R14-64.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Shriners donated $2304.00 to the Fire Department for the purchase of a defibrillator that can be used for children. The Chief would like to move this money and some additional funds from the Fire Fund to Machinery, Equipment and Furniture.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE PERMANENT APPROPRIATION OF $4000.00 FROM THE FIRE FUND TO 2111-760-740-0000 MACHINERY, EQUIPMENT AND FURNITURE AND A BLANKET CERTIFICATE FOR THE SAME. Mr. Peters moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R14-65.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE REVISED HARRISON TOWNSHIP FIRE DEPARTMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS DATED AUGUST 5, 2014. Mr. Peters moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R14-66. The Trustees and the Fire Chief signed the Rules and Regulations as presented.
OTHER BUSINESS: None
ACTION ON MINUTES:
July 15, 2014 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of July 15, 2014 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried.
Mr. Peters abstained from voting as he was absent from the July 15th meeting.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R14-67.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded the motion to adjourn the August 5, 2014 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:00pm.