July 7, 2015
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
July 7, 2015
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Keith Peters called the Regular Trustee Meeting of July 7, 2015 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Keith Peters, Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Paul Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Resident Doug Czako and visitors Brittany Curtis and Samuel Swetnam were also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- The Trustees and Brittany Curtis signed the Settlement and Liability Release Form and the Trustees signed the check for Brittany for the damage to her car’s oil pan.
ZONING INSPECTOR: Nothing to report.
- The road mower needs a lot of repair. Mr. Peters will check on the price for a trade-in.
- Kevin asked for Thursday (9th) and Friday (10th) off. The Trustees agreed to this time off if everything is covered in the cemetery.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief presented the attached Chief’s report.
- Jeremiah Withers passed his medic test the first time he took it. The Chief recommends giving him the $1000.00 incentive bonus.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE PAYING JEREMIAH WITHERS $1000.00 BONUS FROM 2111-220-599-0007 (OTHER EXPENSES/TRAINING) FOR PASSING THE TEST AND BECOMING A MEDIC. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-43.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE FIRE DEPARTMENT PURCHASE OF A UTILITY CART FROM SHAWN DAVIDSON FOR $2500.00 FROM 2111-760-740-0000 ON THE CONDITION THAT IT CAN BE INSURED THROUGH OUR LIABILITY INSURANCE. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-44.
- Mr. Clark needs to check with Chris Mullins regarding making Bulen Pierce a “No Passing” zone. He is waiting to hear back from him.
- The Roese Bros. Paving Company has put in an estimate for the Hoover Road at SR 752 project for $24, 230.00.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE ESTIMATE FROM ROESE BROS. PAVING FOR THE JOB ON HOOVER ROAD AND SR 752 FOR $24,230.00 FROM 2011-330-360-0000. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-45.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
June 16, 2015 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of June 16, 2015 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried. Mr. Peters abstained from voting as he was absent from the June 16, 2015 meeting.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO CHANGE THE AMOUNT OF THE FIREFIGHTER’S PICKUP PLAN TO 12.25% EFFECTIVE AS OF JULY 12, 2015, AS APPROVED IN RESOLUTION 2013-46 ON MAY 7, 2013. THE BOARD HAS DETERMINED TO CONTINUE TO PICKUP ALL OF THE MANDATORY CONTRIBUTIONS BY THE EMPLOYEES WHO ARE MEMBERS OF THE OHIO POLICE & FIRE PENSION FUND BY PAYING THE CONTRIBUTIONS THROUGH A PAYROLL REDUCTION. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R 15-46.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE PROPOSED BUDGET FOR 2016 AS PRESENTED AND ATTACHED. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-47.
The Fiscal Officer asked if the Trustees wanted to attend the Budget Hearing with the Budget Commission on June 20, 2015. They declined.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-48.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the July 7, 2015 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:00pm.