June 17, 2014
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
June 17, 2014
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Paul Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of June 17, 2014 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Keith Peters, Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington and Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice. Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse was absent.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- Joe reported that the Pence’s appeal was denied by the Appeals Board and the Board presented them with a second notice of zoning violation.
- Sam Hall has a hearing before the Appeals Board on July 7 for a variance for the 32 acre parcel on the Southeast corner of Lockbourne Eastern Road and St. Paul Road.
- Kevin left a quote for four new tires for the road mower from RSC for $2575.74.
A RESOLUTION TO PURCHASE FOUR NEW TIRES FOR THE ROAD MOWER FROM RSC FOR $2575.74. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded and the Trustees voted with three votes to approve R14-47.
- Sam’s Excavating has sent a proposal for repairing the twelve inch tile blowout at 2620 Duvall Road for $1200.00.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE BID FROM SAM’S EXCAVATING FOR REPAIRING THE TILE BLOWOUT AT 2620 DUVALL ROAD FOR $1200.00. Mr. Peters moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three votes to approve R14-48.
- Kevin requested a day and a half off during the current pay period as comp time. The Trustees agreed to this time off.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- Two firefighters have been overpaid fifty cents an hour for the last eight pay periods. The Chief spoke with our Human Resources specialist and he suggested that the easiest way to correct this is to lower their pay by fifty cents an hour for the next eight pay periods. The Trustees agreed and instructed the Fiscal Officer to correct their pays accordingly.
- The Chief is waiting for the safety director from Circleville to return from vacation so that the transfer of the Medic to Box 65 can be completed. They need to draw up a contract for the Trustees to sign.
- We have only received five (of twelve) signed easements from the residents on Lockbourne Eastern Road. Mr. Clark reported that both of the residents on Duvall Road are refusing to sign the easements.
- The clerk composed a letter to be sent to township residents who have not mowed their properties and sent and received approval of the letter from Jayme Fountain, Assistant Prosecutor. The Trustees approved the letter and Kevin will notify the clerk if there are properties that are not mowed.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
June 3, 2014 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of June 3, 2014 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION OF $1500.00 FROM MEDICARE (2111-220-213-0000) TO MEDICARE PART TIME (2111-220-213-0008). Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R14-49.
A RESOLUTION TO CHANGE THE MEDICAL INSURANCE REIMBURSEMENT POLICY TO STATE THAT THE TOWNSHIP WILL NO LONGER PAY REIMBURSEMENT FOR THOSE WHO ARE ELIGILABLE FOR MEDICAL INSURANCE AND CHOOSE NOT TO ENROLL THROUGH THE TOWNSHIP’S INSURANCE PLAN. Mr. Peters moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R14-50.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R14-51.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded the motion to adjourn the June 17, 2014 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:45pm.