HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
March 20, 2018
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Joe DeFelice called the Regular Trustee Meeting of March 20, 2018 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Mike Freeman, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover and Substitute Road/Cemetery Superintendent Darryl Ward. Kevin Hulse was absent. Pickaway County Sheriff’s Officer Gabriel Carpenter was also in attendance.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Pickaway County Sheriff’s Officer Gabriel Carpenter introduced himself and explained that he is serving as the liaison officer between Harrison Township and the Sheriff’s office. He asked the Trustees to notify him of any issues or complaints that the Sheriff’s office needs to be aware of. Mr. DeFelice asked if he could supply a report of accidents in the last couple of years at the intersection of Lockbourne Eastern Road and Duvall Road for our grant application. Mr. DeFelice also made Officer Carpenter aware of the weight reduction on Bulen-Pierce Road and Shepherd Road.
ZONING INSPECTOR: Nothing to report.
- Dr. Freeman will drive the F550 to The Dexter Company in Bucyrus on Friday, the 23rd for repairs. Darryl will pick it up on Tuesday.
- Darryl is planning to work on the culvert on Bulen-Pierce Road on Friday.
- Jim and Ed started installing the new reflective signs from the ODOT grant. Mr. DeFelice asked them to use the list he provided and check off the signs as they are installed. Mr. DeFelice instructed Jim & Ed that they need to work from the curb side of the truck.
- Dr. Freeman will be applying for the OTARMA safety grant.
- Dr. Freeman spoke with John Horsley to see how the process of entering the cemetery data into the UAN computer program is progressing. He has not done much with it. The Trustees want this data entered and a copy given to the Fiscal Officer by June 1, 2018.
- Dr. Freeman spoke with Spencer Cheek about the foundations at the cemetery. They are supposed to be 32 inches deep and if there is a problem, the Trustees are responsible to repair them.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- Engine 801 was hit on US Route 23. It will be out of service for repairs starting March 30th for a week or two.
- The Chief has old, unused equipment that he would like to donate to the Pickaway Ross Adult Education program. The Trustees approved this donation.
- The Fiscal Officer has not received the contract to switch the Firefighter’s 457 plan to the new company.
The Chief asked to go into executive session to discuss a personnel matter within the fire department. Mr. Welsh made a motion to go into executive session at 7:40pm. Dr. Freeman seconded the motion and the Trustees voted: Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Dr. Freeman, yes.
At 8:20pm Mr. Welsh made a motion to leave executive session. Dr. Freeman seconded the motion and the Trustees voted: Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Dr. Freeman, yes.
- The zoning secretary has been in the hospital and was not able to attend this meeting for her performance review.
- Dr. Freeman will report at the next meeting on the plan for the Ross, Pickaway, Highland & Fayette County Solid Waste Management District and make a recommendation for action to the Trustees.
A RESOLUTION TO ADOPT THE FOLLOWING POLICY REGARDING PAYMENT OF OVERTIME: WHEN AN EMPLOYEE WORKS FOR DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS IN THE TOWNSHIP AND IS PAID BY DIFFERENT FUNDS, OVERTIME WILL BE PAID BY ADDING ALL HOURS TOGETHER FOR THE WEEK AND PAYING THE HOURS IN EXCESS OF FORTY (40) PER WEEK FROM EACH FUND THAT WAS WORKED AFTER FORTY HOURS WERE ACCUMULATED. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted: Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Dr. Freeman, yes. R18-24.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE PAYMENT OF UP TO $1600.00 TO HARRAL AND STEVENSON ENGINEERING TO PREPARE THE APPLICATION FOR THE GRANT TO RECONSTRUCT THE INTERSECTION OF LOCKBOURNE EASTERN ROAD AND DUVALL ROAD CONTINGENT UPON MADISON TOWNSHIP AND THE JEDDS JOINING ON THIS PROJECT. Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R18-25.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
March 6, 2018 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of March 6, 2018 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO PAY JEFFERSON HEALTH PLAN THE FINAL PAYMENT OF $25,500.00 FOR THE MEDICAL INSURANCE RUN-OUT CLAIMS FOR 2017. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R18-26.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R18-27.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the March 20, 2018 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:46pm.