March 6, 2018
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
March 6, 2018
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Joe DeFelice called the Regular Trustee Meeting of March 6, 2018 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Mike Freeman, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover and Substitute Road/Cemetery Superintendent Darryl Ward. Kevin Hulse was absent. Also attending were Madison Township Trustees Austin Brown and Jeff Derr. Craig Stevenson arrived at 8:00.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- The Madison Township Trustees were present to discuss the need to repair the intersection of Duvall Road and Lockbourne Eastern Road. Craig Stevenson explained the process of applying for a grant for Issue 1 Funds through OPWC. He also explained the need for an Infrastructure Inventory and a Capital Improvement Plan from both townships. Madison and Harrison Township Trustees are interested in this project and are hoping to receive assistance with funding from both Township’s JEDDs.
ZONING INSPECTOR: Nothing to report.
- The OTARMA $500.00 grant is available for the Roads/Cemetery this year. The suggestion was discussed of getting bright color t-shirts and jackets for the workers to be more visible. Dr. Freeman will get the information from the Chief and apply for this grant.
- The Fiscal Officer noted her appreciation for the expense receipts attached to the expense report.
- Darryl had pictures of a 24” tile under the road at 11428 Bulen-Pierce Road that needs to be cleaned out and repaired. He will get the supplies needed and repair it.
- Darryl had a request to purchase a transfer pump to be used to remove water when digging a gravesite. He suggested a Wayne 120V pump from Rural King. Mr. DeFelice moved that Darryl be allowed to spend up to $85.00 to purchase this pump. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- Darryl needs to take the F550 to Dexter Company for a solenoid so that the battery isn’t being drained and the installation of a pressure relief valve on the truck bed. Dr. Freeman will go with him.
- Darryl asked to purchase more cold patch to repair roads. Mr. DeFelice moved that Darryl purchase 1000 pounds of cold patch. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- Mr. Welsh asked who is responsible for the foundations for the headstones at the cemetery and noted that some are leaning quite a bit. Dr. Freeman will call Spencer Cheek and find out who is laying the foundations and who is responsible for fixing them.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief is planning to convert the upstairs classroom into an additional bunk room with two additional bunks with lockers.
- Part-time Firefighter Adam Moran will begin on March 8th. Mr. Welsh will administer the Oath of Service on that day.
- The Chief asked Dr. Freeman if he could come by the station someday for a tour and explanation of the facilities and duties. Dr. Freeman agreed.
- Mr. DeFelice reported on the County Engineer’s meeting he attended on February 27th. He presented two forms requesting assistance at Hoover Road north of SR 752 and the SW corner of Duvall Road and Lockbourne Eastern Road. The Trustees signed these forms.
- Mr. DeFelice and Mr. Welsh will meet at the County Engineer’s office for the annual Road Certification Verification on March 9th at 10:00.
- Dr. Freeman will contact John Horsley to learn how the transfer of data to the computer program is progressing.
- The Trustees discussed the emails from the attorney regarding the 2017 medical insurance. There is no decision to make at this time.
- The Fiscal Officer is still waiting for a response from the HR department regarding Joey Clark’s overtime hours.
- Dr. Freeman will report at the next meeting on the plan for the Ross, Pickaway, Highland & Fayette County Solid Waste Management District and make a recommendation for action to the Trustees.
- The Zoning Secretary was not present for her performance review and to discuss her job description.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
February 20, 2018 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of February 20, 2018 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE INTERFUND TRANSFER OF $32,109.01 FROM FIRE TRANSFERS OUT 2111-910-910-0000 TO PRINCIPAL PAYMENTS 3101-931-0000 FOR THE PRINCIPAL PAYMENT OF THE MEDIC. Mr. Welsh moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R18-21.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE INTERFUND TRANSFER OF $2,661.45 FROM FIRE TRANSFERS OUT 2111-910-910-0000 TO INTEREST PAYMENTS 3101-931-0000 FOR THE INTEREST PAYMENT OF THE MEDIC. Mr. Welsh moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R18-22.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R18-23.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the March 6, 2018 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:50pm.