October 1, 2013
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
October 1, 2013
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Trustee Paul Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of October 1, 2013 to order at 7:00pm at the Township Hall, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Also in attendance were residents Lynn Goodfleisch and Randy Arledge. Chairman Keith Peters was absent.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Lynn Goodfleisch made the Trustees aware of problems she and her neighbors have been having with Local Waste Services. The problem started with bills not being received or paid and then trash not being picked up. The problems were multiplied by unsatisfactory customer service when she called Local Waste. Mr. Welsh asked the clerk to arrange for someone from Local Waste to attend the next Trustee meeting.
- Randy Arledge asked if anything more has been done on the Northern Lockbourne Eastern ditch project. The Trustees repeated what he had been told at the previous meeting, that nothing more can be done until the paperwork is signed and returned from the residents. Once all of the signatures required for the project have been received the project will be put out for bid.
- Joe asked the Trustees for direction on how to handle a situation on the Younkin Property where the auction house is located. They have erected a sign and the zoning application which was approved says “no additional signage is requested.” The Trustees agreed that the signs must be removed.
- The painting of the Roads Building at the cemetery is finished.
- Kevin asked for vacation November 28 through December 11th. Chad Noggle and/or Adam Peters are able to run the plow if needed. Chad and Zach will fill in at the cemetery. The Trustees approved this time off.
- Kevin also asked for October 4 and October 9 off as vacation days. The Trustees approved.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief presented his report. There were no items requiring action by the Trustees.
OTHER BUSINESS: None
ACTION ON MINUTES:
- September 17, 2013 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of September 17, 2013 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
- A letter was sent to every employee regarding medical insurance. The letter was from Ohio Insurance and is required by law to be sent by October 1, 2013.
A RESOLUTION TO CHANGE THE RENEWAL DATE FOR THE TOWNSHIP MEDICAL MUTUAL INSURANCE TO DECEMBER 1, 2013 TO LOCK IN RATES FOR 2014. OUR OPEN ENROLLMENT PERIOD WILL BE NOVEMBER 2013. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R13-86.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE ADJUSTMENT OF THE BLANKET CERTIFICATE FOR PRINCIPAL PAYMENTS 3101-810-810-0000 BY -$515.75. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R13-87.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE A SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION TO INTEREST PAYMENTS 3101-830-830-0000 IN THE AMOUNT OF $515.75 TO MAKE ENGINE NOTE PAYMENT AND TO MAKE A NEW BLANKET CERTIFICATE FOR THE SAME ACCOUNT FOR $427.52. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R13-88.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R13-89.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the October 1, 2013 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:38pm.