January 22, 2020
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
January 22, 2020
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Bill Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of January 22, 2020 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 8:00am at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Mike Freeman, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Chad Noggle, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover, Cemetery Sexton/Superintendent Darryl Ward and Road Superintendent Jared Conner. Assistant Fiscal Officer Lindsay Mayse was absent,
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- Dale stated the signs for a religious event have been up for over a year on the Renick property on SR23. He will contact the property owner regarding these signs and ask the Zoning Commission look at redefining the rules for such signs.
- Dale had a complaint about kids on the abandoned church property at 10926 SR 762. The Trustees stated this is private property, so the owner would be responsible for no trespassing signs.
- The barrier trees that Vance Truck Repair planted have not grown to provide a barrier. The Trustees stated that the guidelines need to be more specific in the future stating the size, how many trees, etc.
- Dale was asked to check on the flag-signs in front of Meadowbrook.
- Digger McCray has completed the berm work on Ashville Pike East.
- The County Engineer is submitting the damage to the roads to Michels. Not all damage, especially to private property, was included in this list.
- The list of roads for the Engineer’s County Wide Resurfacing Program is due by 2-14-2020.
- The Columbarium has been installed and is ready to use.
- Darryl has hired Security Lighting to install a new light for the flag.
- The Chief presented newly written job descriptions for the positions of Captain and Full-Time Firefighter.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE POSITION OF CAPTAIN WITH THE CHANGE OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS 2.1 TO SIX (6) YEARS OF FIREFIGHTER EXPERIENCE. (See Attached) Mr. Welsh moved, Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R20-15.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE POSITION OF FULL-TIME FIREFIGHTER WITH THE ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL LICENSING REQUIREMENT OF STATE OF OHIO EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN – PARAMEDIC. (See Attached) Mr. Welsh moved, Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R20-16.
A RESOLUTION TO REMOVE JOB DESCRIPTIONS FROM THE FIRE DEPARTMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS. Mr. Welsh moved, Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R20-17.
- Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott suggested dates for employee reviews in 2020. The Trustees will review Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover at the February 5th meeting and Darryl Ward at the February 22nd meeting.
- The Trustees discussed the possibility of selling the Fire Station to Teays Valley School District. Dr. Freeman will find out if they are still interested.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
January 8, 2020 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of January 8, 2020 and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R20-18.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to adjourn the January 22, 2020 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting adjourned at 10:00am.